Elis (Suisse) thinks and acts sustainable and ecological. For years all measures taken had the target to save resources and energy. The Swiss Federal Office for Energy has confirmed that we have reduced our consumption by almost 50% within 10 years. It is our declared target to reduce the actual 1.5 kWh per 1 kg dirty laundry to 1 kWh.
Our washing lines need 5 times less water than private household machines and the rinsing water flows back into the water circuit. With the high sophisticated dosing system, only 7 gram washing detergent is needed for 1 kg laundry - a household washing machine needs 8 times more. Furthermore, steam is produced with gas. It can be exactly dosed and emits less CO2 than heating oil. This saves approx. 30% energy for pressing and tumbling. Additionally a steam and heat recovery system is installed.
Last but not least we only use leasing laundry with cotton without chemical-technical finish and new textiles is bought exclusively from EU countries like Italy, Spain, Turkey or Czech Republic.
Our awards and certificates:
- ISO 9001: 2000 – Quality management system for purchasing, processing, logistic and management of hotel and industry laundry.
- ISO 14001 – Environment management system for purchasing, processing, logistic and management of hotel and industry laundry.
- Environmental certificate of the Canton of Zurich – certified company for eco-friendly and law compliant textile care (sewage water, exhaust air, waste and safety)
- Label «CO2-reduced operation» – as one of only few laundries throughout Switzerland, awarded by the Energy Agency for volunteer climate protection due to active CO2 reduction.
- Swiss clean air act (Luftreinhalteverordnung, LRV) of the Canton of Zurich is of course met.